Like deer feet...

It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.
Psalms 18:32-33


God never ceases to amaze me! This morning at dawn, I went outside to pickup a phone book that was delivered at the end of my driveway. For the past few days it has been very rainy and dreary, the kind of weather that makes you only want to be inside the house. But this morning with promises of a clearer day, as an early riser, I ventured out to pick up the phonebook now probably sodden with all that rain. (I really wish that the phonebook and newspaper delivery persons would either aim higher or come to the door like they are suppose to when leaving their goods, but that’s another story for another time)

As I was walking down the driveway I spotted him, I say him for sure because on his beautiful head he wore antlers, I would say he was not that old because though the antlers were big, they were not massive as some I have seen. There he stood in all his regality, stopped in his tracks and looking at me. I’m speaking of a deer, in my neighbor hood! In fact this is the third time that I had a sighting, always in that same spot, a few hundred feet from me, right on the end of my street. The sightings before, it was dark, there was more than one and I did not have a clear view, but today! I saw him and he saw me.

We made eye contact and I was afraid to move less I startled him to run away, but he did not. So for about 10 seconds we stood there, him checking me out and me afraid to breathe, not wanting to spoil this moment of coming face to face with one of God’s beautiful creations. I slowly bent to pick up the phonebook and when I turned my head for that split second, when I looked up again he had turned and was running off in the direction of the small wooded area behind my neighbor’s house. The last I saw of him was the white underside of his bobtail and his hind feet running with precision and agility that only God could give him and without one sound.

I was the only one out this time of morning, the only human that is. There was not a sound, and the sun had not fully arisen, making the autumn sky a pinkish hue. I stood in my pjs in the brisk early morning air and savored the moment that God had just allowed me to experienced. To some it may seem stupid making a big deal over a deer, but in this life that God has blessed me with, I have learned to appreciate every single moment. And this moment I was reminded of how God will make our feet like the feet of a deer, and with His help, making us to go to high places and to run this race of life as effortless and as agile as what I just saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...