New beginnings!

I am ashame that I have not posted on this site in so long...I will not bother to give an excuse...just laziness and I have been busy. It's hard to believe that it has been almost a year since I started this blog. Last year I believed that the Lord had given me the desire to have more wisdom and understanding, thus the name of this blog. And He was so faithful in leading and guiding me to obtain those two things. Many opportunities came when I had to exercise the "wisdom" that I have gained since serving the Lord and many situations came when He helped me to use my "understanding".

I have found that "wisdom" is actually using the knowledge that God has already given you. And "understanding" is allowing Him through His Holy Spirit to direct your thoughts, opinions and your will. I have learned how to just let some things go but also how to pursue some things and to stand my ground.

It will soon be 7 years since my husband passed , since I began on this journey. I had no idea who I was, or where I was going. The pain and loneliness was at times unbearable. But in many ways I am no longer that same person. With God's help, I have changed. I still get lonely, but i know with assurance that I am not alone. I still don't like making major decisions, but I do it, even if I do it scared. And trust the Lord to help me with the outcome. I still have times of anxiety and worry, but I press in and remember that the Lord is at my side.

Thank you Lord for helping me to change. You know that my deepest desire is to become better for You. Help me to continue to keep my eyes on you and to covet your leading in my life.

As I sit here writing I am on the West coast visiting my family. I also have a new friend, the family cat. He sits with me as I talk to the Lord in the early hours of morning. The cat sits close to share my warmth and he is content. I don't particularly like cats, but this one is "growing" on me. So you see I am still learning, maybe cats aren't so bad after all.

With the new year comes a time for new beginnings. My prayer is that God will continue to help us to be all we can be in Him. With 2009 comes the opportunity to do just that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...