Who will separate us?


“There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not deeper still."
— Corrie ten Boom

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:35-39

A friend requested prayer for their family member that had to be hospitalized for a mental condition. While many with compassion rushed to let her know that they are indeed praying and believing God for restoration. One well meaning soul decided to question the decision to hospitalize and even offer suggestions as to maybe what they thought would be a better way to handle the situation. While I know that this person meant no malice, STILL it was not the time to question these people that were in the midst of suffering through this trial. They had asked for prayer and we should honor just that.

God is a BIG God! How many times have we sang songs about it…and yet sometimes we put Him in a box and think surely He could not work in a particular situation. All the time thinking that we have a better solution as to setting up the “atmosphere” where God can do HIS work better.

I remember when talking to a person about my husband’s illness and death, she said “Maybe there was some secret sin in his life that no one knew about, maybe that is why he was not healed.” I don’t know about the theology of that, but I do know that my husband loved the Lord and confessed everything in his life that he thought was not pleasing to God, trust me, he did. For many months what this person said troubled me, that along with the severe early stages of grief truly was a trying time for me. But after spending time with the Lord, He helped me to realize that He, the God of my husband was big enough to take care of any situation in his life and that He is Sovereign and cannot be separated from a person such as my husband, who not only loved God but served Him.

I have learned through my journey (and still learning) that God can work through any situation. I am reminded of the words of Corrie Ten Boom, a Christian woman, who lost most of her family and along with her sister was imprisoned in Auschwitz during the Holocaust. Even after seeing the horror and darkness in that concentration camp she was STILL able to say that “There is not pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still.” Even in the midst of darkness He is STILL there. So who are we to question whether or not He will work in what we may think is not an Ideal set up! Shame on us! Our job is to pray and believe, we can reach so many hurting people that way.

God’s love is so big that we cannot even imagine it! So deep that we cannot even phantom, so wide that we cannot measure! He is a Just God and His mercy endures forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...