No greater love...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. " John 3:16

When I think of unconditional love today, I think of my mother and father.  But since this is Mother's day, I'm writing about the wonderful woman that God allowed to give birth to me and my 4 siblings.
I remember once visiting her and admiring a little needlepoint pillow she had on her couch.  And so typical of her, she asked me did I want it... so giving. I told her no, because it looked so perfect where she had it in her decor.  I inherited a knack for collecting "pretty things" from my mom. Pillows, ceramic figures, colored glass, etc. She was my hero! (smile)

My mother loved her children, she wanted the very best for us and was willing to do whatever necessary to have that happen. I have such precious memories; her bringing me for lunch at school, a warm hot dog and a hard boil egg minus the yolk,  because believe it or not the doctors had to encourage me to eat when I was a small skinny child...obviously don't have that problem now lol!

Other memories of her reading stories to me with so much expression I could close my eyes and be right in the  place of the characters! Oh Ma how I miss you!  And then memories of our early Saturday morning talks over the phone, she may not have known it at the time but she was encouraging and nurturing me even then . How I miss those talks!

Thank you Momma, you gave me so much love.  And today as I look at that little needlepoint  pillow that now sits on a chair in my den, I see the little watering can, with flowers sprouting out the top and a big heart on the front.  It's as if God in His wonderful love and compassion, He knows that even though my heart is so happy to be celebrated today ...I still miss my Momma.  And as if I am seeing it for the very first time, I see that just as a watering can, waters and nutures flowers, so our mothers supply our needs and nurture us, and through that nuturing, we sprout up like pretty flowers. And lastly, the big heart on the watering can says, it all comes from love,,,love that God gave us and demonstrated it by giving His very best, His son to die for our sins.

Mothers were designed by God to show us His nuturing love, to show how He wants to hug us close and tell us, "it's going to be alright".  If you have your mom today, love her and thank her.  If your mom has passed from this life, thank her and thank God for having her in your life to show us how much He loves us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...