Stay in the Light!

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

Isn’t it funny how we do things in “darkness” and expect to succeed? Oh sometimes it appears that we succeed but eventually it all comes to “light” so to speak. Or you need the “light” to get it right. Hey I just made a rhyme…did I miss my calling? A rapper maybe…no remarks from the peanut gallery please…anything is possible you know.

Case in point, my printer here at home needed an ink cartridge replaced. I went to the store, purchased the correct cartridge (with the help of a young lady, who was very polite, believe it or not, store employee.) Got home, said to my self “this is easy” and thought that I could just snap it in and keep on rolling. NOT! THEN parts began to snap off as I tried to jam the cartridge into place! And to make matters worse, each time a little part would snap off and roll on to the floor, my beloved and awesome dog, Bruno would grab the miniscule part and run off with it. So I would have to stop and go find him and pry the tiny piece out of his tiny mouth! Madness!

I kept asking the Lord to “Help…me…get…this…cartridge…in…correctly” all while I was jamming it in with each word. FINALLY it dawned on me that I was trying to put this thing in while it was still attached to the cords AND in dim lighting. Thinking I was doing it the easy way by keeping it connected and by not getting into the light, it actually made it a very unpleasant chore! AND I lost my joy in the process! AAAARGH!

Ding ding ding! Okay I can hear some of you going “DUH”, but you have to understand sometimes it takes geniuses a while to figure out simple things…uh yeah. Anyway, I disconnected the printer to take it over to a bright light so that I could “see” exactly what needed to be done, and no kidding; what I had been just sweating over, took me all of 5 seconds to do. I had to chuckle and that turned into an out right laugh. In the middle of my laughter the Lord spoke to my heart one word “SEE”. He has such a way with me. LOL.

So! What did I learn? You mean besides the fact that I’m a little undone around the edges or the porch light is on and no one is at home OR my elevator does not go all the way to the top…you get my drift. I truly learned that I MUST walk in the Light as He is in the Light (I John 1:7a) and if I REALLY want to succeed in this life I have to follow HIM, because if I try to walk in darkness….basically it ain’t gonna work.

In this world there is so much darkness, just listen to the news. We must CHOOSE to walk in the Light of Christ, and as we trust Him with a sincere heart, He will lead us along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...