Victory! My right to "Bare" Arms!


“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
 I Corinthian 15:57

 Well the summer season is winding down.  Even though the temperature outside is still hot, I can feel it in the early morning.  Feels like autumn is just around the corner…

As I look back over the summer, there were three major things that I accomplished.  I had the house painted outside: you cannot imagine the relief I felt when I finally was able to find, with the help of my neighbors, a house painter that not only was a good professional but he had a wonderful
attitude (those 2 things don’t usually come together).  He did a fantastic job!  Secondly, I had some major tree removal and trimming done in the backyard.  Last fall’s Hurricane Sandy that swept through my area did damage to a lot of trees. One very tall Pine tree that was leaning at a 90 degree angle had to come down and several other smaller trees were removed.  When the Tree guy was done, it looked like the sunshine had come back in.  Just a side note:  It is hard when you are a widow or single sometimes to find good reliable people to do projects around the house. My advice is to ask your neighbors or co-workers for references, if the workers are referred by someone you both know or who has utilized them, they most likely will do a better and reliable job.


And thirdly (drum roll please), I got the victory over my reluctance to wear sleeveless tops!  Yep you heard it correctly!  I got the victory over my “Right to BARE Arms!”  My UPPER arms that is.  I’m sure that to a lot of you reading this it may seem absurd, but I was not blessed with trim, firm upper arms and as the years have gone by they seem to want to migrate south…and in a hurry!  So my cure for all of my adult life has been to never wear sleeveless tops.  Not even a cap sleeve, it had to be at least a ¾ sleeve.

My arms and I were fine with that arrangement until the soaring, relentless heat wave that hit us this summer.  Honey it was HOT!  and for a very long time.  I wish that I could tell you that I was awakened by the voices of a band of angels singing “It is well for you to bareth  your uppereth  arms”.  But no! I was so hot one day and I looked down and saw that I had on a long sleeved top with the sleeves pushed up mind you, but it hit me! “You are nuts!  GOD gave you your arms and if they are working properly, you ought to be thankful!”   I couldn’t get to the store fast enough!  I bought the cutest really short sleeve tops and when I tried them on, yes my upper arms sagged and swaggered to the occasion but I rejoiced because I no longer felt that worry of what folks will think! I was FREEEEEEE  and  Cooool!  Hallelujah!  And I looked cute too!  LOL.





 So Thanks be to God who gives us the Victory!  Does God care about the little things in our lives? You bet He does.  He wants us to be victorious in every area of our lives,  even if it’s the victory over exposing your upper arms.   So thankful that I can laugh over my sweet victories! Thank God for having a sense of humor and helping me to laugh loudly through this journey of life!
 
 
On another note:  Check out the  full size Tea set I found at the local GW for $3.99
 
 

 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're cracking me up, Veronica! I have that same upper arm feeling! But heck, if you can do it, I can do it too! :) Really I think I'm too old to care but I need to find some cute sleeveless tops! I love the uppereth armeth quote! I'm sure you've had a good Sunday and you are a sleeveless sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Stephanie said…
God does give us the victory! Amen :) I LOVE your tea set that you got and the price can't be beat.

Have a beautiful day.

Hugs!
My arms are becoming crepey too, or "blurred" at the edges as I like to call it. But I don't mind any more. It's so freeing not to worry about what others are thinking. So I bare arms in the summer.

blessings,
Diana
Barbara F. said…
Veronica, I could have written this post. You are so right about single women being so vulnerable when we need home repair/painting. I only use folks who have been referred by people I trust. Once in a while even that backfired on me. I still won't wear sleeveless, if I do I have a shrug on otherwise I might flap my way up into the sky! xo
Veronica said…
Thanks Sheila for visiting! You make me laugh out loud! That's a good thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...