My Peace I give to you...

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

 Peace... a valuable state of being, something that many people have lost their lives for throughout the years of war. And yet I believe that the greatest battlefield is in our minds and thoughts. If everyone would apply God's peace to their minds and their way of thinking I do believe wars would cease. And before you even go there, yes... God has the power and ability to supernaturally stop all wars BUT, He has given us a free will remember? If we, throughout time have chosen to settle things OUR way then war it is and at that point necessary.


I have this thing that I have done most of my adult life...and it is called TRYING TO FIGURE OUT AND FIX OTHER FOLKS PROBLEMS...there I've said it. Hey don't look at me like I'm crazy, you have probably done it too.  I am just now finding out that when someone shares something that they may be going through...it does not mean that is an invitation to get anxious, worried and try to figure out a solution. I am learning that it may be a time to just listen (you can hear all kinds of things not being said, when you just listen).


The Holy Spirit is so graciously teaching me that when I get anxious over what others are going through, that I am trying to give them something that He has given me. Now while that may sound gallant, you know how people say "I have given all of myself"? Well honey you ain't suppose to be giving them all of yourself, that goes to the Lord. You are suppose to give others the direction, by your example, to the giver of Peace, God.



 I'm understanding now why I used to get so physically tired and "wrung out" after worrying over other folks trials they were experiencing, I was "working" to give them "my peace" that God had given me!  You see, the scripture says "...My Peace I give unto you," that you is me. God has made each of us very unique and He knows just what it takes in this life to give each of us as individuals peace in the midst of our storms.  What may give me peace, may not do the same for you. He wants us to get to know Him better so that He can give us His custom designed Peace for our lives.  Peace is a gift and in the book of James:1:17 it says that every good and perfect gift comes from God, who never changes or turns away. God never turns His back on us, He never shirks His duties, when we ask Him for peace He gives it to us. He gives it to individuals that are looking to Him for that peace.


So basically what I'm trying to say in too many words (as I always do...sheesh) instead of getting upset, worried, anxious and fretful over trials and problems that we hear loved ones or friends are going through...instead of trying to give them OUR peace that God has given us, pray for them that they will receive God's peace...peace that He so willingly paid such a high price for. Isaiah 53 says that it was part of the debt He paid for our sins on the Cross, He was "chastised for our peace."



Our peace is very important to us, we need it in this old world like never before. We cannot afford to fall apart and lose our peace while thinking that we are helping others. We must "hold our Peace" and pray like never before for ourselves and our loved ones and friends that are going through trials. Pray for their peace.


In the book of Exodus chapter 14 when Pharaoh was chasing the Israelites and they were becoming afraid. God spoke to Moses and told him to tell the people to "stand still and see the salvation of the Lord". Then verse 14 Moses spoke to the people and said "The LORD shall fight for you, you shall HOLD YOUR PEACE."


Are you "holding YOUR peace" today or are you worrying and fretting trying to give it to others that you love and care about? Trust me there is enough Peace in God for everyone, so hold yours and pray for others to receive the wonderful gift that God has just for them.

Comments

Tai East said…
Beautiful message on peace, Veronica! What a blessing to visit with you tonight, sweet Sister! Thank you so much for sharing this! I look forward to having you link-up with me on Fridays, Love. May GOD bless you always, beautiful friend! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...