He IS on our side!



A new day! Another opportunity to live, breathe, and make a positive mark on this earth! What a Blessing! 
If the Lord had not been on my side, working in my life, protecting, directing, defending, forgiving, chastising, etc. etc. me, where would I be? I may not have had armies of enemies chasing after to kill me like the Israelites did in Psalms 124, but there were times when my circumstances felt like it would have been easier if it was the case...it seemed that way to me at the time anyway. But God's faithfulness has always brought me through!
Surgeries (including brain), deaths, disappointments, betrayals, hurts, rejections, when I look back I can see His Hands carrying me. Even when I may have felt that He was not there, I can see now how He actually was.
Someone once said that when you are taking a test in school the teacher/instructor does not walk around talking to you, but sits or stand quietly in the room watching over you, never leaving the room. In our lives when we have gone through trials, He has never left us, He has always been there, whether we feel like He was or not. The faithfulness of God, I cannot explain it, cannot put it into words, all I know is that He has been and always will be there. 
The cold January morning when I walked out of the hospital after leaving my husband's body, I did not know what would be the next step, but when the cold air blew across my face and I leaned my back against the brick entrance of the hospital, it was as if the Lord whispered to me, "I AM with you"...and He has kept His promise. He has NEVER left me nor forsaken me. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
Today if you feel that you have no one to depend upon, or you are broken and hurting...call on Him. He really is on your side, He really wants to be your defender, your protector, to show you real love. Receive Him and together we can say "Our help is in the name of the Lord! Who made heaven and earth! 
“If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,”
Let Israel now say—
If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,
When men rose up against us, Then they would have swallowed us alive,
When their wrath was kindled against us; Then the waters would have overwhelmed us, the stream would have gone over our soul;
Then the swollen waters, would have gone over our soul.
Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers;
The snare is broken, and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. Psalms 124

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...