Blooming!

My cactus bloomed! Well one bloom anyway. But you know that I couldn't be more happier even if it was covered in blooms. See, I have watched this cactus from its rough start from being on a clearance rack on its last leg with the Walmart compost pile being in its possible future. To be honest I didn't have much hope of it making it either, but I repotted it, put it in a sunny spot and tried not to water it too much. The rest was to just watch it acclimate to its new surroundings and respond to the love and attention it was getting. So there ya go, a BLOOM and a pretty one too! I knew that eventually it would happen.

That is sort of how we are, at least I was. The Lord found me (or I found Him) when I was in a mental and emotional state of no hope, maybe hope for the compost pile of life, but that's about it. But when I finally looked up (literally...it's a long story), and surrendered my heart and life to Him, He took me in and nurtured me back to a life WITH Hope; and as I began to acclimate, adjust and respond to His Love and attentiveness, I began to grow. I am learning to bloom where I am planted, being who He made me to be, to love myself so that I can really love others the way that He does (Matthew 22:37-38), to trust that He delights when He sees me handle a situation the way that He would. Do I hit it every time...to be honest, no. But I believe that He is just as happy with my one "Bloom" at a time, as He would be if I had hundreds of them!

 "...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...