Waiting...?

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalms 27:14

Some of you may be in what I call a "waiting season" and some may say, "Well I feel like I am ALWAYS waiting for something" LOL. I admit that could be the case, but in my experience, it is not so much about the "wait" as it is about what you're doing while you wait.

 Years ago while "waiting" to get a new job that I desperately wanted, I began to get impatient and honestly, I was annoyed that things weren't moving as fast as I thought they should. So on my way to work one morning I was complaining in my mind about my current job and the Lord interrupted my thoughts and spoke to my heart and said," I want you to do this job like you will be there for the next 25 years, but also be prepared to leave whenever I open a door."

 I knew what He meant...if I was going to be there for the next 25 years, I would want it to be as pleasant as possible, would want to get along with all my co-workers, have an productive work day and enjoy the whole work environment... period. I got it! So instead of complaining and going in to work miserable everyday, I turned it into a pleasant experience. I started being more friendly, listened to people, did a better job working with co-workers and customers and even brought goodies to put in the break room y'all! I actually started LIKING going to work!

 This went on for quite a while, several months in fact, until one day the new job that I had applied for called. I actually had almost forgotten about it and assumed that someone else had gotten it after all this time. Anyway, they said that if I still wanted the job it was mine! By this time my attitude was right to leave my old job reciprocating the many sincere well wishes and "I'm going to miss you" from co-workers instead of "Good riddance" on both our parts. I had gained not only a new attitude, but friends and a correct perspective on positive influence in a world that needs it so much! I then by God's grace, was able to enter into a new season with a new job with no regrets and great expectations!

 So the "wait" was certainly worth it and yours will be too! Wait on Him and be of good courage, He has a plan just for you. Relax and let Him direct you in the "wait" so that when the next door opens, you will be prepare to walk through it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...