Confess your faults...

For yesterday's (Sunday) dinner, I decided to make some comfort food; Fried chicken, mash potatoes and gravy for my grandchildren. They along with their parents usually eat very healthy...but when the 'rents are away, the Grandma does play 🙂 So I pulled out my frying pan and before long had the house smelling so good, I think that it would have made even Colonel Sanders want to sit at the table! 🍗🍗🍗

 I noticed something though while I was cooking ...I cleaned as I cooked. Let me explain...my Mom trained me and my siblings well and that is why I do not like a dirty, cluttered kitchen. So I have this technique that I've learned from her, that if you clean as you cook, when you are done you won't have a large pile of dirty pots, pans and utensils to wash and put away . I also wipe the counters and stove top as soon as there is a spill, so I won't have any mess or stains to deal with after cooking the meal. I know... it may sound redundant and even a little OCD, but when I am done making a meal, I can just sit down and enjoy without a mountain of mess to contend with afterwards. Works for me...

 Now you know I get a "lesson" out of just about everything...so here goes... I believe that it is so important to quickly confess to any sin and wrong doing. I have found personally that it is very liberating to get it all out so that I can move on. I could give you some examples but it may make you laugh at its absurdity/stupidity, but trust me when I say once I get it out, I feel free! If you take care of these things as quickly as possible you won't have to be concerned about being "found out" at an embarrassing or inconvenient moment and most importantly you can deal with it and handle any consequences that may follow more easily.

 This scripture says that we should confess our faults to each other. First of all I confess it to God (Of course He already knows), but I give Him the respect of being honest and confessing that the sin and wrong doing that I have committed is first and foremost against Him. I mean, after all it is He that has given me this life on earth and it certainly is not to go around doing things that I KNOW are not pleasing to Him. Then I believe that is important to talk to someone that you can trust, someone that has your best interest and will pray with and for you to overcome whatever may be negatively challenging you.

 So...what did cooking fried chicken show me..."Clean up your mess quickly and thoroughly, so you won't be stuck with a BIG mess afterwards." I think y'all get it right? 😉

 ...with that being said have a blessed day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...