Seeking Peace

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3

It is a very miserable feeling when you can't feel peace. And I have been feeling that way for a while. It is a foreign feeling for me, not unfamiliar, just a foreign feeling when it happens. I know what has happened, I have allowed the "trials of life" to overwhelm me. I have allowed bad memories and concerns to over take my mind and my joy. It is a very uncomfortable feeling, like wearing an ovesized, heavy coat on a sweltering summer day!

There is a story in the Bible when David is about to fight against Goliath the Giant and King Saul puts his armor on David to "help" him. When David discovers that the armor was way too big for him and that it would be cumbersome trying to fight with it on, he took it off. We all know what happens...David DID defeat the giant with only 5 stones and a sling.

I know that I am carrying a burden that I am unable to carry on my own. That is why I feel that I have no peace.
I know that I have to remove this burden and cast it on the Lord just like He told us to. Then and only then will I be able to fight the good fight of faith. And I have the Prince Of Peace, Jesus Christ....it is just that I have temporarily lost my focus on Him; looking instead at what I consider as problems.

I do not see how people do it; how they live without peace. I suppose that if you live that way for awhile it kind of grows on you. But I do not want to live that way. My prayer is that I will stay focused on the Prince of peace, who was chastised and paid such a heavy price for my peace. Forgive me Lord when I stray from being thankful for your great sacrifice so that I could walk in peace...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...