Can't Sleep?

I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip; he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you, the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalms 121

It is 3:00 AM and I am fully awake. I’ve given the kitchen a good cleaning. I’ve even written notes to friends and prepared them to be mailed. It was while I was watering and misting the plants that it dawned on me: What in the world am I doing up this time of morning! True, I am an early riser, but not this early!

I glimpsed out the curtains and viewed the quiet sleeping world. I mean even the birds aren’t singing. That nagging mocking bird or whatever it is that I can hear as early as 5:00 every morning must be asleep too! I should go outside and make some noise to let it know how it feels to us humans huh? (smile)

It can be very lonely this time of morning. The quietness leads to deep thoughts and if not directed in the right way can lead to depression. I choose to begin to think on the good things like: God is with me and guess what? He’s not sleeping either! So whatever I’m doing right now He is right here with me! He’s not only my daytime friend but He’s my “after midnight when you can’t sleep” friend too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...