Humbling...

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I Peter 5:6-7

It is a humbling thing to be humbled. Today was one of those times. Duties that I had taken pride in doing for a very long time have been taken away from me. As I sat and listened to the people that are responsible now for those same duties, I began to think that all my hard work had gone in vain. Spending extra time, taking work home and even checking and double-checking to make sure each detail was perfect, now seemed like some big joke. And the joke was on me!

Did I think that I was indispensable, that no one could perform like me? I thought that I had the right motive…to do a good job without expecting any recognition. But as the Lord began to gently speak to my heart, I began to see that my motives were not a pure as I thought they were. As I submitted to the fact that life goes on and God is the one that order my steps, I began to feel a layer of “self” began to peel away. My feelings were first very vulnerable, feeling exposed, then pity for myself, and then a total revelation of the fact that I am nothing and can do nothing with out God. What a relief that was!
With each piece of me that I lay down, I can “pick up” more of Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...