Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Humbling...

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I Peter 5:6-7

It is a humbling thing to be humbled. Today was one of those times. Duties that I had taken pride in doing for a very long time have been taken away from me. As I sat and listened to the people that are responsible now for those same duties, I began to think that all my hard work had gone in vain. Spending extra time, taking work home and even checking and double-checking to make sure each detail was perfect, now seemed like some big joke. And the joke was on me!

Did I think that I was indispensable, that no one could perform like me? I thought that I had the right motive…to do a good job without expecting any recognition. But as the Lord began to gently speak to my heart, I began to see that my motives were not a pure as I thought they were. As I submitted to the fact that life goes on and God is the one that order my steps, I began to feel a layer of “self” began to peel away. My feelings were first very vulnerable, feeling exposed, then pity for myself, and then a total revelation of the fact that I am nothing and can do nothing with out God. What a relief that was!
With each piece of me that I lay down, I can “pick up” more of Him.

No comments: