Attitude

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossian 3:17

Whew! What a weekend this has been. Spring has sprung and my yard needed some TLC. I take full advantage of the mild sunny days here in the Northeast. A couple of weeks ago we were blessed with 60 degree weather and I pruned shrubbery. This past weekend the temperature skimmed the 60 degree mark and I worked on the grass. Boy! little did I know what hard work it would be! But once it was done I relished in knowing that my lawn was prepared for seeding and fertilizer.
I had read in my devotional about having the right attitude. And how if you have the right attitude, no matter the situation, you can "bloom where you're planted". I thought of this while I was "planted" raking my front lawn. It was a tedious and tiring job, but as I began to turn my thoughts toward God and remember how far He has brought me, my attitude toward my work began to change. Even when my neighbors stopped by to ask if I was going to have a backache after doing all that work, I still managed to smile.
Because I am a widow, there are tasks and decisions that I now must do and make alone. To be honest I still have times ( though not as often) when I have a pity party and wonder "Why me?". But as I meditated on the Lord while I did my work, I realized how truly blessed I am. He has helped me so much these last 7 years in my journey. Helping me to see that as I keep my eyes on Him, I can accomplish things I once thought I could not.
So the task that I dreaded doing ended up being a wonderful time spent with the Lord! And I'm going to have the best looking lawn on the block!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...