Lead me...Guide me...


The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalms 32:8

I can still hear me singing in my little girl voice the song “Lead me guide me along the way. For if you lead me I will not stray. Lord let walk each day with thee, lead me oh Lord lead me.” Attending summer Bible school was one of my favorite things to do as I child. It was a welcome distraction from the hot summer days. As much as I was happy to be out of school, I still looked forward to sitting outside under a large shade tree to hear Bible stories. How exciting it was to hear about David killing the Giant, Daniel in the Lion’s Den and Jonah in the belly of a Whale.

I am so grateful to my now deceased parent for insisting that me and my siblings have a good foundation of the Word of God. They exposed us to God and the Bible at an early age, by taking us to Church and making sure we were involved in Bible based activities. So that even as a teen and young adult when I did not walk with the Lord, I STILL had the Word in my heart and it was forever convicting me every time I strayed. Ultimately that same Word was brought alive by the Holy Spirit, by someone praying for me, and it was then that I surrendered to Christ.

What troubles me is when I ask a teenager in the school where I work, “Who is Jonah?” or “Do you know the story of David and Goliath”; they give me this blank stare as if I’ve asked them to explain an Einstein theory. We have a whole generation that has no knowledge of the basic Bible truths. So my question is “How will they be lead?” “And who will be their leader?” Scary huh?

If we have never been properly introduced to God as our leader, then we will follow anything or anyone that makes us “feel” okay. That sort of explains some of today's news headlines.

My prayer is that the Lord will direct my path, because NO one cares for me like Jesus, He has my very best interests at heart and He will never fail me. As for this generation, my prayer is that God in His mercy will reveal Himself to them as the Leader that we all need now and forever more. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...