“…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,  but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians 2:6-7

Christ stripped Himself of His deity when he came to earth as a little baby. He was the King of Kings and yet was born in a stable, one of the lowliest places. And yet in many churches today people create title after title to attach to their names. Christ was constantly humble never looking to draw people to Himself, but to God the Father; and yet many folks have created “personalities” in our churches that must drive the most expensive cars and live in the most expensive homes, all the while spreading a message that we DESERVE the best.  What we DESERVE for our sins we could not pay the penalty for…it was so bad that Jesus had to come to pay the price for us. I wonder if the heart of God is not hurt by this. WE have gotten so very far from the example that Christ set for us while He was here on earth. ..God help us…
With all the pain and suffering in the world, how have we gotten so far off in some of our churches that only a "Bless Me" message is being preached?  Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that God wants us to be destitute and penniless, but we have taken greed  to a whole new level.
I know that I must not point my finger because the remaining four will be directed to me.  But I must call it for what I see. May God help me not to turn away from my first love, Him.  And then God help us to walk closer to the example that Jesus set for us on this earth.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Veronica! OH, another wonderful post! You're so right as lots of congregations have added here and there to what scripture really says and meanss.
I know God wants to bless us and sometimes it's materially. Then we have the responsibility to know where it all has come from - God! We're blessed to be a blessing to others.
If some folks would only realize true joy and real peace only come from God and not what we can hold in our hands.
Blessings to you and your family and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
What a great post, Veronica. I sometimes have a problem with some of the so-called, "Prosperity Preachers". With so much focus on gaining the material things, very little is taught about salvation and saving souls.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...