A Fa La La Day ?

I have a story to tell... a true one...and it's mine, or at least a chapter of my story :-)...

Yesterday morning when I reached into the cabinet to get a mug for my coffee, I was drawn to my "Fa La La" cup. Yeah I know it's not the season, but I felt like having a "Fa La La" day! What's a "Fa La La" day? Well to me it's a day when you let nothing get to you. An emotionally free day. 😏There are no perfect days course, but I planned "Fa La La one.

 After doing some chores and errands, I decided to do something fun and for me that is a visit to the Antique Emporium. While perusing an aisle a woman passed me and said that she was looking for "canes". I had no idea what she was mumbling about but soon she found a container full of walking canes of which she chose an old wooden one. In her excitement of finding it, she turned to me and shared that she searches for these old wooden canes and refurbish them. At first I thought that she was a collector or that she sells them but that was not the case...

 She went on to explain that after a car accident, her injury caused her to have to use a walking cane for a period of time; and during that time the wooden canes were the best to use instead of the newer metal ones. So her mission is to "rescue" these old wooden canes,restore them and GIVE them to an elderly person in need. Her experience of being in a state of incapacity after her car accident, has given her more compassion for those in similar situations and she wants them to have the best cane that will help them.

 By now she REALLY has my attention and I say to her "You know, everyone in this world have a purpose and yours is to bless those people with those canes." Our eyes locked and begin to tear up and she says "I lost my 28 year old son a year ago, he died and I don't know the details of his death nor got the chance see the body or to tell him goodbye...God told me that when I work on these canes and give them to these people, it will help me to take my mind off losing my son." Her pain gave her more compassion, then by helping others in need, she is being helped and comforted. I gave her a big ol bear hug right there smack in the middle of all the antiques, 'cause we didn't care; all that mattered was that we both knew the hope and comfort of God who cares about every detail of our lives, even our sufferings.

 Wiping our tears, we each went our own ways, but I will remember her and pray for her as she walks her journey of restoration even as she restores her rescued walking canes and blesses those in need. My "Fa La La" didn't turn out like I thought, but what days do? But it was a very special day, one that taught me a great lesson from a very special woman...

 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ." II Corinthians 1:3-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...