Sweet Memories...

My parents have been in their heavenly home for many years now, but there isn't a day that goes by that I do not think of them. This morning was no exception and it is awesome how sometimes the most craziest things can trigger a wonderful memory. The legacy that they left me and my siblings of love, laughter, good work ethics, perseverance and a tough hide; which we received from their example, guidance and at the end of a switch from a tree (you southerners will know what that is) or a leather belt (and no it was not child abuse, our hind parts needed it) LOL
.

 But while I was munching on some roasted pecans as a snack, a memory came to me of how whenever I went home to visit, my Mom would have sacks of pecans in the shell waiting for us to carry back home. Our precious neighbors had a couple of large pecan trees in their back yard and they would harvest the nuts in the fall when they fell from the trees. My parents would make sure that they harvested enough for all of us. We would have so many pecans all winter to bake with and munch on; and with the price of pecans today what a blessing it was!

 These are the sweet memories I have of my Mom and Dad, always looking out for us, blessing us any way they could, making sure that we were happy, even after we were all grown and out of the house. If you still have your parents with you, love them and tell them so today. I thank God everyday for the privilege of having had mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...