Heavenly birthday...

Every year I say I'm not going to post on my late husband's birthday, October 22nd. I mean folks are probably tired of hearing my tribute...but then I remember that we should "give honor to whom honor is due" and though he has been gone for almost 17 years, his life has had such an impact on me that it seems sometimes that he was just here not that long ago.

 My husband was a quiet, humble man, with a dry sense of humor that always made me laugh out loud when he on occasion made a really funny remark. I think that is what made the remarks so funny, because they came so rarely and it was done with a serious face. 😊

 After receiving Jesus as His Lord and Savior, he became a man that loved God first, me and his family even more with a passion that increased with each day of his life. He was a teacher of men and did it every opportunity he got. He was a "Fisher of men" whether it was taking the men from his job on a deep sea fishing trip or hosting up to 20 men for breakfast and always sharing with them the Good News of salvation.

 When he passed I felt as if it was too soon, that he had so much more to accomplish, but...now when I look at our son, hear his voice with the same deep bass tone...when I hear him speak of his passion to reach people with the love of God, when I hear our son pray with even more fervor for the needs of others, when I see how our son loves his wife and his children...I am reminded of my husband and I say silently and in my heart "You did it honey, with God's help, you accomplished what He had for you here...the legacy goes on."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...