Peace, Peace, wonderful Peace...

PEACE...something that everyone is seeking, something that you can not tangibly hold in your hand and yet... many have fought wars, lost lives and some have chosen to give up and have taken their own lives because of its absence.

 Where do we get this precious sought after gift? Certainly not from man... Some of my most loneliest and un-peaceful times can be when I am surrounded by people, good people...and then some of my most peaceful, comforting times have been when I am alone and in the presence of God's Holy Spirit. Having inner peace is not dependent upon the presence of man, but totally on the presence of God.

 King David knew that having peace is a treasured commodity when he wrote this in Psalms 51:10-11 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." He knew that God's presence brought Peace and he did not want to lose that.

 Have you lost your peace today? Do you feel empty, lost and restless? It's an awful feeling...been there, done that, contributed to the movie AND bought Tee SHIRTS ! We all have those times...BUT we can not stay there!

 Make a determination today, no please do it NOW, that you WILL get things right with God. Confess your sins, your hurts, whatever is troubling you, make it clear, make it plain. God knows it anyway, but I believe it is good to hear yourself say it out loud (works for me); and King David found that it worked for him too. :-)

 Peace, peace wonderful peace is yours for the asking. Don't live a moment longer tormented, but willingly submit to God who IS OUR PEACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...