Don't be Anxious!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


Why do I worry about some of the silliest things? Stress is an awful thing and can affect your life and your body in various ways. I’ve been around for a while (I’m not that old) and still sometimes I feel like I’m lacking in the area of confidence.

Just this past weekend I had an eye doctor appointment and even though I see this guy regularly, I still get nervous when I go there. While he was checking my eyes he seemed to prolong the process. Then when he was looking over some test results, he hesitated and seemed to frown. Finally I could take it no longer and asked in a rather shaky voice “What’s wrong?” He gave me a rather rambling answer (or did it just sound like that to me?). I could actually feel anxiety creeping upon me. Finally when he repeated what he said, it was not as bad as I first perceived it.

I think that after going through all the Doctor’s appointments during my late husband’s illness, I have developed somewhat of a “white coat” phobia.
I’ve prayed about it, denounced it and rebuked it, and yet I can feel my self getting anxious each time I have a Doctor’s appointment. It is very frustrating and I know that I have to get the victory over this.

God has already given me the key in the scriptures above. He has given me everything that I need to have the victory. Starting today I will try my best to walk in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...