Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious!
Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." Selah! Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!

Psalms 66:1-5

On one of my trips to the West coast during the Christmas holidays to visit my son and his family, they took me on a trip up the coast to a town right on the beach. I’ll never forget how beautiful the scenery was. At some point as we traveled it was clearly the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other. We stopped at the rest stops and admired the beautiful views. During the trip we also visited the Hearst Castle and even saw the elephant seals come up on the beach, it was awesome!

My son and his sweet wife had rented a beautiful home walking distance to the beach, in fact you could see the beach from the balcony off the main living area of the house. It is there that I sat early one morning with Bible in hand and inwardly speaking to the Lord about my life. So many things had changed for me personally as well as my family. We, my son, his wife and my grandchildren and I had all been through a series of losses and brokenness. As I sat admiring the view of the ocean and the mountains, smelling the early morning breeze, there was stillness in that moment. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. When I turned my head I saw the most beautiful deer, it was just a stone’s throw away from me. I watched it walk ever so cautiously and slowly and just hang out for a while. Too bad I didn’t have a camera. It was so close and kept profiling as if it was giving me my very own private show. The moments were somehow “Holy” and the deer’s actions said “Look at God’s beauty in me.” It was indeed a shining example of God’s magnificent creation!

After it left, I began to see that even in the midst of our pain and brokenness, God STILL has beauty. And if we trust Him with that pain and brokenness, He can make something beautiful out of it. We may not understand how He’s going to do it and when, but He’s our Father and He WILL. The verse in Romans 8:28 about God making all things work for our good is purely a trust issue, don’t try to figure it out, just give it to Him, He has a better view and can see all the parts that will fit together.

That is a trip that I will never forget. Seeing God’s beauty in nature in such a magnificent way let me see how much detail He put in it. And since we are more important to Him, then yes, He is interested in every detail of our lives.

As we celebrate this “Resurrection Day” let us remember that He Is Alive. He specializes in new beginnings and making all things beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...