Our refuge

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1

Many years ago I was a leader with the Teen ministry where I attended church at the time. We sometimes had between 200-300 teens all in one building at a time. One of the songs we used to sing was :
"God is my refuge and God is my strength, a very present help in trouble.
God is my refuge and God is my strength a very present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear though the earth be removed.And though the mountains fall and be cast into the sea!"

I can stiil hear all those voices singing out now, some sincere, some not so sincere, but it was a joyous sound to behold. We were declaring God's Awesome power! Man! that must make Him feel good!

It's funny how things can come back to you just when you need it. I have not sung that song in so many years I can't even remember and yet! The other day when I was trying to have a pity party and was doing a really good job of it, that song came back to me full force! I remembered every single word!

God is my refuge AND my strength, then why the heck am I looking to get it from anyone or anything else???????? AAHHH Lord you must get a good laugh from us...a lot!

So, I start singing this song right? And guess what? The words kicked in and it was like I could not stop singing it! LOL Even when I stopped the song was still playing in my head! LOL
God is a PRESENT help, in others words He is right there when you need Him. It may not feel like it all the time, but He says He's there and I believe Him.

Thank you Lord for your mercy, love, help and strength just when I need it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...