Simply...


But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as loss for Christ's sake.
Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),
Philippians 3:7-8

Simply said, I am nothing without Christ. It really is very simple, I mean without Him, I am absolutely nothing…NUTHIN’ HONEY!

With all my so called accomplishments, they really aren’t worth a hill of beans in the light of what Christ has done for me. In the early morning hour before I dress for work, I get down on my face and declare before Him simply that “Lord, if you don’t go with me today, if You don’t be with me, I might as well stay down here on my face because none of what I may do will amount to anything!”

I don’t have low esteem, or a bad complex about myself. In fact there was a time that I thought I was “All that and a bag of chips”. But, since I have met the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and over time learning the sacrifice He gave for me; I now see, I am nothing without Him!

With Him I can do great things, but I must always remember that it is for His purpose, not mine. The more I “lay down” my agenda before Him, the more I see how wonderful it is to let Him carry it.

I am nothing without you Lord, what I have accomplished is worth nothing without you. You alone give me worth; I would have no righteousness if you did not give it to me. To You alone deserve the Glory, Honor and Praise…Amen

Comments

Loved what you shared here, Veronica. "Without Him, I would be nothing..." I'm sure you know that song. It's a favorite of mine from way back. And I do mean way back. ;)

Thanks for encouraging me today!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...