Does God care about our tears?

“Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”

Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother."  Luke 7:11-15

I suppose that most of my writings some say are about suffering and sad stuff…but I write what I am learning at the time.  I remember praying and asking God what was my purpose and I believe that the answer came back with a question. “What moves you the most?”  With that I realized that as far back as I can remember I was always so moved and touched by anyone or anything that was hurting.  Rather it was the lost little kitten or the schoolmate that was being abuse by her relatives; I took this hurt deep into my heart and wanted to fix them.  As the years have passed and I’ve experienced some pain myself, it has given me more compassion for those that are suffering and I want to fix it.  If I see someone cry, rather happy or sad tears, I cry. It’s hard to listen to the news or read a newspaper without feeling a very deep sadness. Or to hear someone describe a painful injury or surgery without what I call a twerking in my extremities, we laugh about this at work, but it is so real. J
I know that I am not the only one that has compassion for hurting people, there are many and I believe that God wants to use us in this world.

Does God care about our tears? Yes, He stopped a funeral procession and saw the pain of this woman, who had already lost her husband and now her only son.  He was moved with compassion and told her “Don’t cry.”  He saw her tears, better yet He felt her tears and He did something about it.
So many times when we go through trials we wonder “Does anyone care?” “Does God even care?” I remember that not long after my husband passed and I was walking in a store and everyone around me were laughing and talking and acting as if business as usual.  I wanted to cry out and say “Don’t you see that I’m hurting?”  Don’t you feel what I feel?” “Don’t you see that my life has been turned upside down and I can’t fix it!”  But the answer is No, they can’t see and they can’t feel what you are going through, but there is One Who does and His Name is Jesus.  His whole reason to coming to this earth was to be “Emmanuel” God with us.  To show us that yes, I know what it’s like to be hurt, rejected, misunderstood and abused. Hebrews 4 says it best:

“ For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16
He not only sees our tears, but He cares. And when we ask Him to comfort us He will. I heard evangelist Christine Caine say “What we do does not change God.” Her meaning was, no matter
how we may fail, fall short, disappoint, hurt, suffer, etc.  It does not change God…God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He IS the same loving, merciful God with arms always open to receive us.  It is US that have to learn how to humbly come to Him and accept His mercy, goodness, comfort and whatever else we need…He IS our all in all.  We must allow Him to console us when we cry.  We may not understand all in this life, but we can have the assurance that we can trust the One who knows our future.  Let Him touch your broken and hurting places…let Him dry your tears.

 


Comments

Kim@Snug Harbor said…
Great post Veronica. I find that you often post things at just the time that I need to see them.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...