November ! sweet November!

Well I made it through October and I thank God!  I feel a little lighter now!  This was my morning Bible reading:

Psalms 13

 How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
 How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
  and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
  How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
  Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,
  and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love;
  my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
   for he has been good to me.
 
"Give light to my eyes..." stood out to me in these scriptures.  When you go through grief sometimes it feels like the light has gone out of your eyes.  I look in the mirror sometimes and feel that my eyes are not the same...they have seen great sadness.  But there is hope my friends!  God IS the Light and as we call on Him, He will fill us to overflowing with His love!   King David of the Bible, who wrote most of the Psalms, went through every emotion I believe that I have and am going through and He always ended them with HOPE!  And that is what I feel...HOPE!  Life can sometimes deliver a punch it seems below the belt...seems so not fair...but our Referee Jesus is ALWAYS on call to hear our cry and deliver us.
 
The key for me is learning how to ALLOW God to intervene in my situations.  So many times I try to work it out by myself, and though I may think I am so strong, I can never be as strong and mighty as my Father God.  He will never interfere and MAKE us do anything, but as we hand over our burdens to Him He will faithfully take them and give us Peace and the knowledge that He will and is continually working things out.
 
I admit it unashamedly I need Him!

 
I LOVE this old  hymn :                   
 
I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine can peace afford.
Refrain:
I need thee, O I need thee;
every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
(Refrain)

I need thee every hour; teach me thy will;
and thy rich promises in me fulfill.
(Refrain)

I need thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son.
 
Listen to the group Selah's version:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LkUTjYSUs

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Veronica, I believe you wrote this post for me! I am so thankful when I fill like I'm emptied out that I can lean on Jesus. Since my little Mother passed away I really have felt His peace all around me. I know it's not me. You're a blessing to me, Dear One.
Shelia ;)
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
This post came at a time when I needed to read it. God does work in mysterious ways.
Veronica said…
Shelia want you to know sweet lady that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this time. Your Momma is with Jesus, but I know that you are missing her. Sending you hugs...take comfort in knowing that you were and are a wonderful daughter to her.
Veronica said…
Kim,
Thank you for leaving a comment. I'm so thankful that the post spoke to you in some way. It always amazes me how God can use the things that we go through to speak to someone else. It has happened to me so many times. Hugs to you my friend.
That is a beautiful hymn. I love the version by this group on YouTube. Nice reflections! Have a great weekend!
Sherry

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...