"... do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." I Corinthians 6:19-20

" I am NOT a mean person !" that is what I was saying to myself this morning. I was trying to convince myself that even though I did not feel like going to work and being confronted with a bunch of teenagers with all their problems on a Monday morning, that I was a good upright person that REALLY LOVE people. Chanting "I am NOT a mean person" over and over again didn't reach my heart, in fact it only gave me a dry mouth!
I proceeded to do my regular morning ritual making my soy shake, packing a lunch and bag all to the soft worhip music of Terry MacAlmon. Worship music usually gets me in the place of surrender where I say "Okay God", but this morning, thinking about confronting the little "love urchins" and all their problems and needs kept rising to the surface of my mind (sorry Terry, it's not you)

Even after I got into the car, under my breath I was mumbling, "okay they think THEY have problems" and "How many times am I gonna hear "I'm tired" ? They are one third my age, do they want to know TIRED?"

I believe God has a sense of humor after all where do you think we get it from, or better yet look in the mirror.
Ah come on now, don't get spiritual on me and say "God does not make junk". Be real ! When I check myself in the bathroom mirror after getting up at 3'oclock in the morning to make a trip there...believe me God has a sense of humor. Because if He can love me looking like THAT...you get the picture. I said all that to say that God speaks to me at the strangest times. This morning on the way to work in the middle of my mumbling and grumbling about the kids invading and surrounding me first thing in the morning with their problems. All of a sudden I heard Him say in my heart "You are NOT your own." I wanted to say "WHAAAAAAAAAT?" but reframed, after all this is God speaking okay? Then the scripture above came to mind. I am not my own, I have been bought with a price. When Christ gave His life for me, I am no longer my own, but I am His.

Isn't that what I have been praying ever since I invited the Lord into my life many many years ago? that He would work through me, that He would touch people through me? Not my will but thine?
OOOOKAY a great awakening here...it's NOT about me..it's about You Lord.

It's a good thing that I had this "great awakening' BEFORE I got to work, because sure enough about 15 minutes after getting to my desk, they surrounded me with their usual gripes about how they feel , their parents, their teachers, etc. But you know what? I just smiled and listened, after all..I'm not my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...