God is interested in the details

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1:5

God is interested in the details; He is reminding Jeremiah the prophet that “Hey! Before you were even formed I already had given you a purpose!”

Details are very important; they can make the simplest things become unforgettable. It can be needlework; decorating, painting or even cooking and the minutest details can make a masterpiece.
While on a recent trip to California, my daughter-in–law and I went to see the movie “The Great Debaters” (great movie by the way). And in the movie the set designer did an excellent job in making the sets actually look like it was really in the 1930’s. It was the very small details that I noticed, the pictures and frames on the mantles; the china on the table and even the pieces of furniture used really “took” you into the 1930’s. Also the costume and hair designer made the actors appear as if they stepped right out of that particular era. Small details…but it made the movie unforgettable, because for that hour and a half I was transported back to the time of the events that were being portrayed on screen.

As I said before God is interested in the details too, He knew all about us BEFORE we were even formed. And He also knows our purpose. As I begin this New Year, I hope to remember each day that God has given me a purpose. And as I seek Him, He will continually reveal it to me…detail by detail. I pray that you look for the minutest details in your life, details that point you to your purpose, God’s purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...