Therefore then, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us, looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith and is also its finisher.
Hebrews 12:1, 2a (Amplified Bible)

The great cloud of witnesses mentioned in the above scripture speaks of those that have gone before us (see Hebrews 11) that trusted and believed God. It tells of Abraham and Moses to name just a couple. These “heroes” of the faith trusted God and prevailed. They are a testament and witnesses to God’s truth. Their testimony alone cheers us on that we can prevail as well. It is my personal belief that even our loved ones that have gone on before us cheers us on too. The scripture says “great cloud of witnesses” and I believe that great cloud includes my mom, dad, husband and many others that knew, trusted, and believed God’s promises. And they prevailed! They fought the good fight and finished the race.

Life is a race and many times we all need a cheering squad to encourage us to continue on. I don’t believe in ghosts, once a person leaves this earth they are at their eternal rest. But I do believe that our love ones that have gone before us, because they are in God’s presence, they can continue to cheer us on. How many times have I felt discouraged and God by His Holy spirit will remind me of something one of my loved ones did or said, and the discouragement is lifted.

Through illnesses, and other difficult circumstances my loved ones continued to believe God’s Truth and because of this they now can testify to me that I can make it! The Lord is on my side, He is in my corner and with him all things are possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...