Thank God for Good Friends

Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, The LORD of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. For the LORD has called you, like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, Like a youthful wife when you were refused.” Isaiah 54:4-6a

Today started off as one of those "days" again...January (sigh). But I thank God for good friends! I was suppose to be a judge in a statewide High school drama competition this morning. I thoroughly enjoy doing this, but this morning when I awaken, I just didn't have the energy to get up and get dressed. And to be real about it, I just didn't feel like being around people today. So I called and cancelled and prayed that they would get someone else to take my place. That is generally not like me to cancel at the last minute, but I dunno...

Anyway, I went back to bed and was lying there fighting self pity when the phone rings. It was one of my girlfriends who was in a very bright and cheery mood "Good Morning" she sang into the phone! I rolled my eyes heavenward and gave her a "Yeah Whatz up" in my crackling morning voice. But that didn't stop her cheeriness.
After a few minutes into the conversation I just broke down and told her how I was feeling today and shared a particular incident that happened the day my husband died. I really hate re-hashing things but for those of you that have lost a loved one, you know that if you don't get it out, it will choke you! After she listened she reminded me of the scripture above. And though in context God was speaking to a nation that had been in exile His word was still speaking to me! I inhaled and absorbed the Word like a sponge that had been left out in the sun. And immediately I began to feel relief. The Word assured me that God knew how I felt and He understood. All of a sudden my vision was cleared and I could once again "see" that God is not finished with me ...I have a purpose!
This "journey" is taking a while folks, and even though I get impatient at times, I am so thankful that God is very patient with me. Thank God His mercury endures.

We talked for a little while, encouraging one another, laughing at times. And when it was time to hang up I said "I'm going to the gym!" Boy! What a 360 ! I thank God who put people in our lives to encourages us to continue to run this race called life. He is so faithful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...