We can count on Him

The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life. Psalms 42:8


Oh how I needed to read this. There is something so comforting about God’s Word especially when you are going through transition. Being a widow is a big transition for me. It’s the kind of thing that no one can tell you about how to go through, you just have to press in and go through yourself.

I was driving to work the other morning and along the way I saw the fields that once were green and overflowing with all kinds of grain, including corn. Now they stood barren with no sign of life. That scene along with the morning fog, painted a gloomy, austere picture. It reminded me of what it is like in life sometimes…some seasons. There are times when you go through a dry, desolate place, when you feel as if no one could have possibly come this way before. But it is in those times that I am reminded that as surely as the fields will be filled again to overflowing with lush green plants, so the dry season of my life will pass and I will “bloom” again.

I believe God allows those times of desolate and barren feelings, so that when our season change, we can remember and comfort those around us that maybe going through their times of dryness.

God reminded me this morning that He commands His loving-kindness to me. You hear that? He COMMANDS me to feel His love and kindness, no matter what I am going through. He does not ASK me to feel His love and kindness, The dictionary defines command as to direct with authority, to order. So God directs and orders me to feel and know His love And even at night, sometimes the loneliest time, His song will be with me! What kind of song does God sing? Just the kind you need to let you know that it’s going to be alright.

We must press in to His love and kindness that will sustain us through each day of our lives. He will never leave us nor forsake us…we can count on Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...