In rememberance...

Happy Birthday Ma!
Today is October 2nd, your birthday. If you were still on this earth you would be 85 years old! And I’m willing to bet that if you were here you would still be the good looking, well dressed woman that you always were.

Can I tell you… I miss you Ma. I miss our Saturday morning talks, how we would laugh! I’m sitting here at work and wondering how I have made it without having you to talk to. So much has happened since you’ve gone. First of all I have 2 grandchildren now and I know how you felt when I used to visit with my son (your grandson). I remember how you would spoil him and treat him so special. Guess what? Now I understand, because now I know how special it is to have grandchildren and what a special love God gives us just for them.

Ma, you know already that Larry passed away, so I know how you felt when Da died. If I had known then like I know now, I would have called you more, because I know how lonely it can get sometimes. I would have paid more attention when you talked about Da, because now I know how much it means to be able to just talk about the man that was part of your life for such a long time. And Ma… I would have kissed and hugged you more, if I had known you would be leaving us.

I know that where you are right now you are in such splendor that even the best of what you experienced on this earth could never compare. I believe that you have been re-united with Da and your own mother, what a wonderful joy that must have been! And I also believe that you remember me and all of us that you loved here on earth.

You poured so much of yourself into us Ma, sometimes I even look in the mirror and catch a glimpse of you. Rather it be a phrase I say or a body movement I do, there you are! I've even inherited your love of sending greeting cards. Like you, I have a fun time picking out just the right card for someone. You will forever be a part of my life and in my heart. And I say thank you for all you’ve done for me

You always used to say “He says that He will never leave us nor forsake us”. And it is so true. I am so grateful that you knew God so personally and had the assurance that He was with you, just as you are with Him right now.

Happy Birthday Ma, I love you! I’m sending lots of kisses and I pray that some how, some way the Lord will let you know how much you are missed and loved.
Your daughter,Roni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...