Forgiven!

Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
Luke 7:44-48


Many sermons have been preached about the woman in the Bible that bathe the feet of Jesus with her tears, anointed them with the contents of an alabaster box and dried them with her hair. A beautiful song has even been written about it. But it was this morning that I really understood the depth of her worship.

You see I believe that this woman had been forgiven much because of her former lifestyle (it is taught that she was a former prostitute) but greater still; she was forgiven of the things that people could not see. The fact that Jesus could look beyond all her exterior and even see her inner most thoughts and still love and forgive her was an astonishing revelation! Jesus could look into her eyes and into her heart and see all the times that she had been hurt, the times that she was rejected, the ugly words that were spoken to her and about her. He saw her distrust of mankind, her fear of not being willing to take a chance to love again, her unwillingness to live again.

It would have been so easy for her to receive her forgiveness and salvation from Jesus and then lead a life of seclusion, never venturing out in public again. But it was her desire to worship the King of kings and the Lord of lords that brought her into this public, unseemly place to show her gratitude.

When she began to think about what the Lord had done for her, not only had He forgiven her, but also He had accepted her from where she was. She didn’t have to clean up first for Him to receive her, she came as she as was. And she knew that He could see EVERYTHING about her and He STILL received her into the beloved. Oh how grateful she was as she washed and kissed His feet. Oh how she worshipped her blessed Redeemer and Savior.

And that is how I feel this morning! The Lord has not only forgiven me, but He has looked beyond all faults to see my need! He knows my hurts, my rejections, and my fears, even my most ugly thoughts and He STILL loves me! When I come to Him as I am asking for forgiveness, for acceptance, He NEVER turns me away. I am His beloved and He is mine!

Thank You Lord for receiving me, for loving me, and for helping me to fulfill my purpose in this life. It is with great humility and in the legacy of the woman that went before me; to bathe your feet in my tears and to kiss your feet as I worship You! I worship You…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...