“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”
Matthew 6:25-27

When I awaken this morning at about 4:45 am, outside my bedroom window I heard a bird singing its little heart out. I said to myself “Come on now, it’s not even 5:00 am; you can’t be THAT happy this time of morning!” As I dragged myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, I could hear it still singing. I have to admit the bird was giving it it’s all and all. And though I could not interpret what it was saying, I just knew that it was doing what God had created it to do. The bird was singing with such gusto that after a period of time I began to enjoy it.

When I went downstairs to put on the coffee, I decided to open up my windows and back door to let in some fresh air. And don’t you know it? I could hear more birds singing their hearts out! The sun was just coming up and it was a bit on the cool side, but they did not let that hinder them. After the coffee was ready I went out on the back porch with a cup and sat down to enjoy the early morning. There I was sitting in what sounded like birds singing in surround sound and it made me smile.

In this early morning sanctuary amongst the serenade of birds, my spirit was quiet and at peace. As I allowed myself to relax and sit in this gift that God had given me, I was comforted to be reminded that these creations of God, these birds, their first agenda of the day was to give God, their creator, the Glory. They did not worry about where their next meal was coming from, nor did they care if it was before sun rise and it was cool outside. All they knew was first thing: we’re going to praise God!

God has done so much more for me than He has for those birds…so what is my excuse? The first thing on my agenda for the day, is not to worry nor fret but I should give God the Glory! Amen and Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...