Angels watchin' over me


"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..." Psalms 91:11


How can I forget? It was August 1994 and I was just finishing up the song "My Tribute" at a small church in Philadelphia. I had visited there many times to sing, but that particular weekend was a very busy one. I remember, my late husband and I rushing to get there on time for the early morning service.


After singing the song and going back to my seat, I had a sudden excruciating headache, this was followed my an immediate profusion of sweat. An usher that tried to assist me later told my husband that there were huge rivets of sweat dripping off my face. I of course don't remember this, because upon trying to make an exit from the church pew I collapsed. When I awoke I was on the floor surrounded by paramedics, my memory after that is in bits and pieces. From that point on everything was a blur as I was sent by ambulance to the first hospital where I was submitted to numerous tests; that finally through the results of a spinal tap my diagnosis was given. I had a rupture brain anuerysm. There was blood in the fluid extracted from the spinal tap, which meant a vessel had ruptured in the brain and the blood had leaked into the spinal fluid. The doctors determined that the rupture had clotted but had to be repaired immediately!


I was then sent to a second hospital in Center City Philadelphia that was better equipped to do the surgery. A fleet of doctors it seemed from every nationality surrounded my bed as they told me the effects of my condition. The news was grim, chances of death with or without the surgery, along with terrible side effects even if I did survive the surgery.


I was lucid enough to ask the nurse in NCU (Neurologial Critical Unit) for a Gideon Bible (God bless the Gideons). I asked her to turn to Psalms 91 and I read God precious promises. The verse about Angels stood out to me, because I knew that if I was to go through this surgery I needed as much protection as I could get.


There are many "miracles" that lead up to the surgery; a world renown surgeon just happened to be in the hospital and asked to do the surgery, a woman went up to my husband and recited the 91st Psalms, unbeknownst to her that I was holding onto that Word; the blood vessel remained clotted until the surgery, and more. But after they had rolled me into the pre-surgical room and the nurse stepped away for a moment, I prayed for God to send His angels to watch over me and it was in that moment that I saw four very large angels surrounding the gurney upon which I laid. Their wings extended to totally encompass me, their heads bowed, their bodies kneeling. It was a very Holy moment as I saw as if I was outside of myself looking at the picture of me being encamped around about with Gods glorious angels!


A moment later they wheeled me into surgery which lasted four hours; and it has just dawned on me, maybe I had an angel to watch and stand vigel for each hour that I was in surgery!


I could go on and on, but after 10 days in the hospital I walked out totally restored by the mercy and power of Jesus Christ. No medications, no rehabiltation, no after effects. My surgeon said go and live like it never happened! But how can I? How can I forget? How can I be the same after being shown first hand the Love and protection God has for us?


Angels watching over me...angels watching you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...