Sunday Morning Food for Thought


"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

THINKING ! Trying to figure things out! Analyzing every little detail! That's me! While sometimes this can be a real gift (like for the FBI)...other times it can drive one crazy!!!!

For the past several years I have had a lot of changes in my life. I'm sure I have not had anymore than any one else, but for someone like me who loves stability and...okay I'll admit it...I don't particularly like change! I'm of the "if it ain't broke...don't fix it" group. It has been a whole new "normal" for me.

Sometimes when I get a little low, I pull out all the hurtful, negative things that have happened to me and begin to try and analyze why those things happened to me. Was it my fault, was there something I could have done to prevent it or WHY did it happen to me? These questions go slowly over and over in my mind like a Rotisserie Chicken in a Ronco Roaster. I baste that "chicken" too with a little self pity as I'm turning it. (smile)

T.D. Jakes said something very interesting today, he talked about how we need to move our past hurts and trials to another column. He likened it to an accountant that moves figures from one column to another in order to balance or "reconcile" if you will, the books. And so in order for us to be reconciled with the Truth of God's Word then we must "move" our past hurts and negative experiences to another column, that "Column" being Jesus. We must give our past hurts and bad experiences in this life to Him. For some it takes doing it just once for some hard headed, analytical person like me a HUNDRED times...a DAY! lol

In order to bring "balance' to our lives we have to be reconciled with Jesus. And that includes thinking about things that are good and positive. We cannot change some of the things that have happened to us, but we can CHOOSE to not dwell on them. And the most important key is to be grateful each day that God has given us.

Sounds simple huh? Well try it! lol. I'm certainly going to start trying and put this into practice. Because in order to move on, I have to be totally reconciled with God and His Word. And when you think about more positive things, it makes you feel a heck of a lot better...about life, work, people etc.

So that's my "Food for Thought" today. Check out the picture, yep... that was my Sunday morning breakfast: Turkey bacon, eggs and cheese and whole wheat toast with Orange marmalade. Oh Stop! I only do this occasionally, 6 days a week it's a bowl of plain Cheerios and Almond milk. So hush! :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I miss seeing u....hearing ur sweet voice and feeling ur warm spirit.
<3 Jill

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...