God is Love

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

The words of this song are constantly in my head:   Listen :   Lord I'm amazed by You

"Lord I'm amazed by You, Lord I'm amazed by You,
Lord I'm amazed by You, and how you love me."
How wide, how deep, how great is your love for me."

Such a simple love song to the Lord and yet it capivates the heart and helps you to ponder on the depth and magnitude of God's love for us.

I don't think that we will ever be able to understand in our finite minds just how much He loves us, but rest assured He does.


I don't believe that we can truly love someone else until we know how we are loved.  God's love is not only sacrificial, but itis unconditional.  He gave His utmost best to pay the penalty for our sins and the sins of the world and He loves us regardless if we partake of that gift of sacrifice or not. 
But His desire for us is to recieve that gift of sacrifice so that we can experience all that He has for us.

I guess, this post is all about how I am feeling so overwhelmed right now with the love of God.  To think that He would love someone like me blows my mind.

Thank You Lord for your Love!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Veronica! That was a lovely post and I too love the song. You're so right, our hearts can't help but overflow with love for our mighty God when we think upon how much He loves us.
I want to thank you for your sweet comment to me. You are so filled with wisdom and have touched my heart. I appreciate your visits more than you will ever know.
You are the sweetie,
shelia ;)
Sue said…
Veronica, thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. You are always so encouraging and uplifting. And I appreciate the prayers so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...