His Plans...


“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. .”  Jeremiah 29:11

I am so thankful that God knows the plans He has for me, because sometimes I wonder to myself just what the plans for my life are!  Yes even at my age…I wonder.

My late husband and I had plans, great plans, but when he passed I felt at a standstill.  I took my marriage very seriously; the two of us in my heart had really become one. His dreams became my dreams, his plans my plans. So when he died, those things seemed to die for me also.

It has taken many years of inner healing, but God in His faithfulness is convincing me (I’m thankful He has the patience with me) to see that He has plans just for me. Grief can sometimes be a strange journey; so many stages that don’t go in any particular order and repetitive.  I think that getting through the guilt stage (what ifs, should haves, etc) The Lord opened my eyes to “see” that it is okay to have what I call a “Personal Plan” for your life. As much as we are joined with others in relationships, we are still individuals to God and He has individual plans for each our lives.

We can accomplish much when in relationship with others; that is part of God’s plan too. But if we never realize our individual plan, we cannot successfully fulfill the Master Plan.  We were not created to be alone in this world, God made that quite clear in Genesis 2:18, “…it is not good for man to be alone…” He knows that we need fellowship and relationships with others, but ultimately our most important relationship, the one with Him is strictly one on one.

I’m so thankful that His plans for you and I are to prosper us and not harm us; to give us hope and a future. Whether we face that future with our loved ones or alone, one thing that remains constant, He will always be with us.
 
On another note...
Here are a couple of my recent thrifty finds...
Parisian motif boxes
 
Blue and white teapot and cups
 

 

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hi Veronica,

What a precious post! Thank you for sharing God's Word with us - this is one of my favorite verses :) God's Word is always true and what a blessing it is to us. I am now happily following along and I am excited to visit again.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...