October


I have a "Love/Hate" relationship with the month of October...  well... maybe hate is too strong a word, so let's just say dis-like. My mother's birthday is on the 2nd and my husband's is the 22nd, so that's the beginning and towards the end of the month.  With all my excitement about the changing season and decorating, I say every year that I won't let it affect me...but it does.  I miss them both so much!  Both of them loved this season too.  My husband and I would always take a weekend in the fall to go on a getaway up to Lancaster Pa. to see the changing foliage.  My Mom always talked about how she loved the cool, crisp mornings in South Carolina, how she would open the windows and let the fresh breeze flow through the house after being closed up during the long hot summer.

I know that I must move on, God IS my help during times of sadness...but I am human and those feelings do come. So that is why I hang on to the Psalms, they encourage me, they remind me that I need not fear anything even the sadness that try to overtake me during this time. And though it seems like it is a battle going on with my emotions, God has already made me the victor as I trust Him!  Here is one of my favorite ones...

Psalms 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.
One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
 
On another note...here are a few pictures of my 2013 Fall décor:
 I Love pumpkins!
 
Antique Clock from Germany
Pitcher and bowl a gift from a sweet friend, I use it for every season
China Cabinet rescued about 20 years ago just before it was put on the trash pile!
Kitchen corner
Welcome to Autumn!
 
 

Comments

Stephanie said…
Oh Veronica, your post brought tears to my eyes. I can completely understand why you have a love/hate relationship with this month.

The Scripture you shared was a blessing to em - Psalm 27:1 is one of my favorites and your Fall decor photos are lovely and full of color.

Thinking of you, sweet lady! Hugs!
Stephanie said…
Oh Veronica, your post brought tears to my eyes. I can completely understand why you have a love/hate relationship with this month.

The Scripture you shared was a blessing to em - Psalm 27:1 is one of my favorites and your Fall decor photos are lovely and full of color.

Thinking of you, sweet lady! Hugs!
Barbara F. said…
Veronica, I know all too well the feeling that is bittersweet, for me it is Christmas, and Easter. I decorate and bake and such, since I also know tat life is for the living. But it is hard. I love all your fall decor. Beautiful. xo
Anonymous said…
Dear Veronica, I'm see too why this month is bittersweet for you. I'll be praying for you. Isn't is something how we can connect through the heart with folks we've never met face to face but can feel close to them? I love that blogging can bring us such sweet friends like this. I love your pretty Fallen decorating. It's hard to believe someone would toss out that lovely china cabinet!
Take care, dear one and you're always a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
FABBY'S LIVING said…
Beautiful Scripture Psalm 27. Thanks for sharing my friend, I love my sweet Lord too! I'm sorry about 'my' month not bringig happy thoughts to your heart, my friend. Your house all decked out for Fall looks beautiful sweet Verónica.
Big hugs to you!
FABBY
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
I hope you find some peace in the beauty and colors of October. I also love the table that the antique clock is sitting on!
Sue said…
Thanks for your note on my blog. Yes, we're finally seeing light at the end of a long tunnel. Hope all is well with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...