Christmas Time...A wonderful time of the year!

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Christmas will be different for me this year. For the past 11 years, I have spent Christmas away from home, traveling to be with family. This year I feel the Lord saying for me to stay at home.  I don't quite understand it but feel it necessary to heed to this gentle persuading.  I am not sad about it because I know that when He asks us to do (or not to do) something it is for the greater good, the bigger picture.  So I have settled into making this holiday a very special one.

Though I will very much miss being with family, I will not miss the hustle and bustle of the airport. An 11:00AM flight for me means getting up at 4:00AM so that I can finish packing, getting the dog to the kennel, then coming back to make sure everything has been done, i.e. mail stopped, neighbors notified, water turned off (I have a story to tell  about not turning the water off once and came home to over 4 feet of water in the basement from a broken water heater), thermostat adjusted, doors and windows locked, etc., etc.  The Rapid Rover (airport shuttle) picks me up at 8:00AM, THEN it's checking in luggage , going through security and the long walk to the gate.  By the time I am finally on the plane I am exhausted.  I don't see how folks travel for a living!

No matter where we may be at Christmas, may we remember the true meaning of this Holy Day!  God sent His only Son to earth in the form of a baby.  He came in the most vulnerable form to show how much He was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us!  And as He grew in wisdom and stature as the Bible says, He fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, He IS a Wonderful Counselor, a Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may the Prince of Peace reign in our homes, our lives and in our hearts!

On another note:

This year I added some animal print to my decorations, here are just a couple of pictures:


Front doors

Welcome Rug

Apple & Pomegranate Topiary
 


Comments

Kim@Snug Harbor said…
Beautiful decorations. I know what you mean about the airport. Security is always a nightmare.

Happy holidays - can you Skype with your family?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...