His Hand

At the point of decision...what should I do?  I don't want to miss Your plan for me God. I'm feeling anxious, edgy, don't like that, I'd rather have Your peace.  Those were my feelings a few weeks ago. I was at the point of a major decision in my life and usually that comes with a lot of stress for me.  That is until I can get my focus adjusted....

Then I "saw" it, a picture in my mind, yes God speaks to me in "pictures".  And in this picture I saw a little girl about to cross the road, she was looking both ways trying to be careful, but was still afraid.  Then a person (Jesus) appeared at her side.  He said nothing only extended His nail scarred hand toward her. The little girl in turn no longer afraid, easily slipped her hand in His and He led her across the road. Instantly I knew God was speaking to my heart, that as long as I trusted in Him to lead and guide me, I would be okay.

The fear that was trying to conquer my confidence for weeks vanished and I was able to make the decisions that I needed to make   God is so faithful and I'm sure all of us have times when we can share how He has helped us. Each journey is unique, but it all comes back to this: God cares about what concerns us and He WILL help us as we TRUST in Him.

I remember as a little girl how whenever I was about to cross the road with my earthly father, how he would silently extend his hand for me to take it. He never had to even speak to or look at me to encourage me to take his hand, it was a natural gesture. Taking my earthly father's hand was automatic as a child because I knew that he would protect me and had my best interests in his heart.  So beloved, how much more does our heavenly Father wants to protect lead and guide us! It should be so easy to take His hand, and yet we allow the enemy of our lives to lie to us that we can handle and work  things out on our own. As I posted on a previous post WE NEED GOD. 



Won't you take His hand today...He's waiting..to lead and guide you on this journey of life.
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

Comments

A thoughtful and insightful message. Thank-you.

blessings,
Diana
Veronica said…
Thank you Diana for taking the time to stop by. It is always good to hear from blogger friends.
Have a blessed day!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...