Think on the good things ...

Can you believe how quickly summer is winding down? Time is really flying, I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what 😆 Just posting some "summer memories" before it's time to pull out the fall stuff. I'm not rushing the change of seasons any more than it is, but savoring the good things that made me smile amidst the havoc that's going on in the world. 




The 2 terra-cotta containers were a score last year from Good Will. I liked the distressed patina so I did not scrub them clean, but left them as they are and popped in some cool white sunflowers. The "Bee" pillows I purchased from Walmart's garden section for 5 bucks each, they are indoor/outdoor pillows and have held up well in the summer elements. The Bees remind me to "Bee Happy" (I know that's corny 🙄), but also if bees can carry their body weight with those fragile wings and STILL get all that work done, what's my excuse ! 😂 Then, there were the dying Portulaca plants that I brought home from Lowes for about a dollar each and by just giving it water, a little plant food and tender care, they sprung back to life and have rewarded me with an abundance of blooms all summer! Just a reminder today to think on good things, don't allow yourself to spend precious time wallowing in and pondering on things that cause you to be angry, stressed and anxious. I call it "marinating in the stress and worry sauce"...well don't.do.that. I leave you the words of Apostle Paul to the Philippians, a man that was beaten more than once, misunderstood many times, accused falsely, imprisoned wrongly, rejected by his own, but consider it an honor to serve the The Most High Yah (God)...here are his words from Philippians 4:8-9 


"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on THESE things. The things which you've learned, received, heard and saw in me [Paul], these do, and the Yah (God) of peace will be with you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...