His Mercy endures forever !

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Matthew 5:7

You know the Holy Spirit will be our own private tutor, if we let Him.
He gives personalized lessons on life when we allow Him to be a part of our everyday living. I can only sadly shake my head when I hear people trying to make God so mystical and in order to communicate with Him we have to be down right spooky!
NOT SO! God makes it simple because He knows how simple we can be! LOL
I love Him so much for being so understanding; I give Him all the praise.

I learned about mercy the other day in such a simple and profound way. I had only been to work for about a half an hour when several staff members came in the office to inform me that a student that was trying to park in a spot next to mine had hit and damaged my car. I imagined the worst, but when I got outside I saw that the only damage was some paint that had been scraped away from the bumper, one large and long spot and some smaller ones (estimated @ body shop as $493.00 to be fixed!)

The student that did the damage was walking away from the scene until a staff member eyeballed him to let him know that she had witnessed it. He still did not come to me. I had to call him out of class to get a report to our security officer. He was very nervous and asked that I not report it to his insurance company (this was his second incident in the parking lot). After hearing his request and then the angry remarks of some staff members to “Get him”; the Lord gently reminded me of an incident when I was guilty, and the person let me go “free”. I had not even thought of this incident in years, but God in the way that only He can do, brought it back to my mind without condemnation.

I knew what I had to do, even if it seemed crazy to those that I work with and the officer involved, I had to let him go. Now I know that this is not the answer in all cases, but for me, that day and that time, I know that I made the right choice. After I released it to God I felt such peace! I knew that God my father was proud of me.

Mercy is love and Love is mercy, you cannot divide the two. To love beyond ourselves is to love as God Loves. And as we give Mercy (love) we will receive Mercy (love).
This little act of kindness is nothing compared to what the Lord has done for us time after time. But thank you Lord, You are teaching me everyday how to love like You do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...