White as snow

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)

I never will forget my very special friend Shirley; friends like her are one in a million. Her life, though not perfect, shone with the light of Jesus. She loved God and people and her generosity in every way is still a testimony of the love of Jesus Christ.

She had many trials in her life, one of them being the caregiver for a parent with Alzheimer’s disease. Though she had actual physical bruises from trying to handle the outbursts of a person with the symptoms of this disease, I never heard her complain. Instead she counted it an honor to be a servant of God in anyway. When she ushered at church she did it with a smile that made many people feel welcomed. Even when she spoke a word of correction, it was done in a way that made you feel that she really cared.

She suffered much in her young life. Even when sickness had ravaged her body and she was just a shell in appearance of her normal self, she still praised God for His goodness. I remember one snowy day, just weeks before she would go home to be with the Lord, a conversation we had on the phone. She said, “ I am looking out the window and see the pretty white snow.” She went on to say that “It reminds me of how Jesus took all my sins away and now when He sees me, He sees me as pure and white as that snow.”

Even in her final days on earth she was still giving God the glory for His goodness and salvation gift. What a testimony she was and is. I think of her often and especially when I look out the window and see the snow as I do today, I am reminded of Shirley and God’s goodness
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...