His ways are higher

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9


What’s the difference between a skyscraper and a star? One was built by man and the other was God made. When man makes something, no matter how magnificent it may seem to be, it still has that element of being “man-made”. In other words there is always a blueprint or instructions on how they (man) went about making it. On the other hand, when something has been made by God, you just can’t quite explain it. For example if you go to a florist, she or he can tell you in great detail on how they made an arrangement, how the flowers were flown in from some exotic country, and placed and wired just so to make a magnificent masterpiece. But that same florist cannot tell you how to make one flower!

In my conversations with God lately, I have been asking Him about some things. Questions if you will about some things that have transpired in my life. I don’t resort to crying and blubbering “Why God? Why?” But I do ask, after all He is my Father. I am always amused when I hear people say “We should never question God.” And for a while in my life I lived under that fear. But I have found as I tread this sod (Oh! I sound so wise don’t I?), that the closer I get to God the more comfortable I feel asking Him about stuff, about life.

Some of the things that I have asked Him about, I don’t seem to get an answer, but in truth I know that God always gives an answer. His silence is just that…no answer is required. “I AM GOD…trust me.” Moses at the burning bush was told by God that he (Moses) would have to return to Egypt to free His people. Moses asked nervously “And who shall I say has sent me?” God simply replied, “I AM that I AM…” I’m God Moses, trust me. No need for a whole lot of explanations, just I am God…I got this!

Just as I cannot explain how to make something as simple as a flower or a star; I cannot explain some things that have gone on in my life.

And you know what? Some of our problems are "man-made", we can actually bring things on ourselves, but then there are those things that happen and you think "God I thought I did things right." and you just can't undertand why it had to work out that way. Well if God allows it then He knew about it before I was even born. With that in mind I have to trust Him…for His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...