I'm tired !

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts.. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.
Isaiah 40:27-31 (The Message)

I am really tired today. It is manifesting as physical tiredness, but I believe that it is stress related. I am still in the learning process on how to completely turn things over to the Lord. And though I have come a long way, at times I find myself reverting back to my old way: Carrying the burden on MY shoulders. I mean we are clearly not made to carry issues and problems. I once watched a medical documentary on TV and they explained that the human body has recourse or remedy for every ailment except stress. We have antibodies, good bacteria, clotting and our immune system just to name a few ways God made our bodies to handle any invasion to our health. However when it comes to stress the body has no way of handling it, so what happens is the human body begin to “break down” in order to try and handle the stress. We are “fearfully and wonderfully made” indeed.

So if we are not made to handle stress then I have GOT to let it go and give it to God! I’m so glad that the Lord has a sense of humor (What am I talking about? He IS humor, He created it!) This is a true story, my son and his family was relocating to the West Coast and along the way several things happened; the RV broke down twice and when they went to the place they had arranged to live, the person changed their mind and they were basically left on the street! The latter problem was conveyed to me on the phone around 11:00 PM Eastern time (that means I was on the East Coast) After hanging up the phone I realized that there was absolutely nothing physically that I could do to help them. Just as I began to feel my self slip into the land of anxiety, the Lord showed me a “picture” in my head of me trying to balance a large U-Haul truck, a car, 2 adults and 2 children on my back! The scene I saw was so hilarious I burst out in laughter and laughed for a good 10 minutes. When I finally got myself together the Lord helped me to see that’s how ridiculous it looks to Him when we are trying to carry issues and problem. The issue with my son and his family worked out just fine, as we prayed and to the best of our ability at the time, turned it over to Him.

So why do I sometime lapse back to trying to carry these things? I dunno…is it a matter of trust? What ever it is I’m tired today I need your strength, so Lord I pray that You will help me to turn it all over to You, only You can carry it. Only You can fix it. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...