So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Psalms 55:6

Have you ever had one of those days?  It is always comforting to read that I'm not the only one that feels that way sometimes!  King David wrote in the Psalms about just that kind of day.  In fact the first 8 verses of the chapter are written about how he REALLY felt.  So honest...I love that.

Some days I wish I had wings...preferably wings on my shoes (there's something about having wings on your back that speaks PAIN getting them on there) and besides I'm not ready to join Gabriel yet...just sayin'.  But if I had them on a pair of shoes that I could slip off and on whenever I felt overwhelmed, fly to a tropical Island for a while then come on back to face reality again, I think I could handle that . lol

But I know that would not solve the real issue at hand. If you fly away, it's going to be there to meet you when you return. The great news is that God has given us everything we need to deal with every issue in our lives. He not only gave us the tools (2 Peter 1:3), but also an excellent example in Jesus Himself (Hebrews 12:2). Jesus was tempted in the Garden of Gethsemane to not follow through with His destiny...but He did and because of His determination and making a decision to follow through, you and I have eternal life.  So glad He did not "fly away", and believe me He really had the means to do it in style AND on REAL Angels' wings...but He didn't...because He loves us so much. 

So I guess, after this little pep talk to myself, I'll put away my winged shoes for now, face the issue head on with the Lord by my side and declare Victory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...