Early morning snow out my window...

Early morning snow out my window... reminds me of several years ago while speaking on the phone to my friend, who was in the final stages of cancer. It was February and overnight fresh snow had fallen and left what looked like a soft cashmere blanket covering the ground.

 The doctors had sent her home with little hope...and yet in her voice that cold February morning, I heard hope; not the kind that man can give you, but I heard peaceful, graceful and a calm God-given hope. After having suffered for so long in her body, her voice previously had been weakened, but that morning it was strong and confident.

 This was a woman that had always given of herself so unselfishly to others and understandably could have cried out "Why me?" and yet... her statement to me that morning was "The snow outside my window is so white, just think... the Lord has taken away all my sins and washed me as clean as that snow." I will never forget her words. Only a few days before she would pass into eternity and she was so at peace with God that she only marveled at His Love and forgiveness.

 Isaiah 1:18 says... "Come now, and let us reason together,” says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool." Isaiah the prophet was telling the Israelites that though they had rebelled again and again against Him, that if they would discontinue and turn back to Him, that He would forgive and cleanse them from there sins. I have stated before that there are no degrees of sin; sin knows no boundaries nor preferences of who does it. The scriptures say that ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23) so pointing the finger at anyone, keep in mind that there are four remaining ones directed to you.

 God has provided through His son Jesus the gift of salvation that is for anyone that will receive that gift and commit to learn and walk in His ways. My friend who displayed such peace and confidence even during what could have been her darkest hour, proved that there is hope when we put our lives in God's Hands. Though our sins may be scarlet, He can , He will and He longs to cleanse us as white as snow...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...