Mold me...

"Spirit of the living God, Fall afresh on me.
Spirit of the living God, Fall afresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.
Spirit of the living God, Fall afresh on me."

 Yesterday morning the words of this simple chorus written around 1926 by Daniel Iverson, came to mind; and as I began to sing it, it brought back the early years of my walk with the Lord. Some of you reading this may remember this worship chorus. It always took me to a moment that I knew was serious..."Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me" words I admit sometimes sung with hesitancy, because I knew that it meant some changes would come with the commitment. But you see, when God changes you, it is always for the good and it IS good.

We all want to "grow", expand our borders, go to the next level, conquer the horizon, get deeper, wiser, stronger or whatever we want to call it. But you see, with "growing" there is stretching, with expansion there maybe some temporary discomfort and to conquer that new horizon, we may have to go someplaces that we don't want to go...

I love the analogy of us being the clay and God being the Potter. You all have heard stories of how the Potter creates a masterpiece of art from a lump of ordinary clay; but have you ever thought about how the clay has to submit to the Potter in order to become that masterpiece? The clay has to be of a material that is pliable and easy to work with...if not it cannot withstand the shaping and designing by the Potter. If the material is too brittle or stubborn it will break at the first kneading and if it is too soggy or weak, it cannot be gripped in the Potter's hands...

The Potter's wheel is nothing to be afraid of nor to dread, because the sole purpose of the Potter is to lovingly create a masterpiece that when seen, will draw the attention of those that see it to Him. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be so brittle or so soggy that I cannot be the right material in the Potter's hands. There maybe some times of discomfort, some stretching, some pressing in and holding on, but trusting in the goal of the Potter and the work of His hands...you will become His masterpiece.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...